Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Welcome

Without tremendous fanfare or occasion, I welcome you to my blog. The posts to follow will consist of musings, new recipes and my explorations in the kitchen. It seems only appropriate to begin this quest with a recipe for a delicious, healthy kick start to your day.

Banana Blast Oatmeal
In a microwave safe bowl, mash 1 ripe banana and then mix in 1/2 cup oatmeal (I like Quaker's MultiGrain), 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/4-1/2 cup milk (substitute almond or soy, if desired). Cook for 1:15 or until the mixture reaches the desired consistency.

I've made similar creations with ripe nectarines, blueberries, and fresh figs.

Enjoy with your favorite espresso, tea, or juice.

Carpe Diem!

1 comment:

  1. I am so making this for breakfast one day. I have been in such a rut.

    ReplyDelete