Friday, September 25, 2009

Apple Picking(s)

Ah...crisp Autumn air, perfect running weather, and delectable apples ripe for picking. I'm still in transition mode and for the next two weeks will be trekking back and forth between the beloved northeast and my current endless summer locale, so the Autumn crispness hasn't entirely set in (especially considering it is 90 degrees and humid in the Sunshine State).

Notwithstanding the warm weather, I still felt a strong desire to bake something with apples. I'm attending a brunch tomorrow morning and spent the better half of the week wracking my brain for acceptable ideas. And so, Martha Stewart came to the rescue by way of google.

So thank you Martha (and Mom, for inspiring the recipe below)

Apple Cheddar Fritatta

2 c. egg whites (I like All Whites)
4-6oz shredded reduced fat cheddar
coarse salt and ground pepper
2 gala apples, cubed (Left the skin on to give more texture)

Mix the above ingredients and pour into either a pie plate or 9x9 pyrex. Bake in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes (until eggs set).

Bring to share or treat some one special to breakfast in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment